2. Bidongs used to store drinking water.
3. A school meeting.
4. An ironic painting about environmental degradation in The Gambia.
5. The South Bank to JanjanBury ferry.
6. A classroom full of donated bikes for students.
7. Evidence of goats.
8. Our car at a school.
9. and 15. Use of rods and sticks in classrooms is an unfortunate reality in this country.
10. Kids waiting for a school lunch.
11. Kids in a classroom.
12. Our security coordinator.
14. A decorated truck.
16. The education sector director and assistant director.
17. A typical school entrance sign.
18. I think they meant "no HARD feelings."
19. Selling mangos.
20. Our security coordinator at the Basse ferry crossing.
21. Students looking out from a classroom.
22. A roofless classroom.
23. Our security coordinator.
24. "No justice for the poor." I think they mean something else.
25. and 26. Our security coordinator, our driver, and I at night.
27. A pull-across ferry at Janjanbury, which will be soon replaced by a bridge.
I'm now back in Kombo for the weekend, enjoying the cool coastal weather. It was unbelievably hot up country! Next week we have another Pre-Service Training planning meeting, during which we will finalize the training schedule for the incoming trainees and begin preparing for specific sessions. I'm very excited and I'm looking forward to July! I only hope I can get back to my site for a good amount of time before I have to move out in June.